Join us Saturday, June 17, as Black Women Bike DC joins the annual Peace in the Streets Ride for our monthly all-levels event. This is a ride in the streets from the Deanwood neighborhood of D.C. to the White House and back with a police escort. This even is hosted by MPD, The Holy Christian House of Praise for All People Church, and WABA.
- This is a NO DROP ride – no one will be left behind
- You must have a HELMET to ride with BWBDC
- Bring your own WATER
- ALL LEVELS are welcome
- This ride is open to women and men
Free registration begins 7:00am. Roll out 8:00am
Intermediate and advanced riders may join the Tour de DCPL leaving the library at 9:00am.
In preparation for Bike to Work Day, Black Women Bike will be hosting a seminar on how to bike on the roads safely, followed by a group bike ride on the streets of DC.
10:00 am – 11:30 am: Safety Seminar
At the seminar you will learn the ABCs of bike safety, how to navigate an urban area, and how to be visible to motorists. We will provide you with a bike map, so you can map your route from home to work.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Bike Ride
We will take a short ride around the streets of DC, so you can become comfortable riding with motorists on the road and navigating different
Who should attend?
All levels who want to be more comfortable biking on the road.
What to bring?
- Helmet (You MUST have a helmet to participate in the ride)
- A friend/neighbor/mother/sister/cousin/aunt/nana
- An open mind
– This is a NO DROP ride – no one will be left behind
– You must have a HELMET to ride with BWBDC
– Bring your own WATER and please hydrate well before the ride
– ALL LEVELS are welcome
– Our rides are for women but CBCF attendees are welcome
If weather poses an issue, check the Facebook event page or BWBDC’s Twitter feed (@BWBDC).