Join us Saturday, November 1, for a free clinic on winter and nighttime bike riding! Don’t store your bike just yet – the fall and winter seasons are great times to ride, and we’ll share the tips and tricks to keep you as safe as possible.
Topics will include:
– Choosing the right clothing and gear
– Riding in different weather conditions
– Navigating streets when it’s dark
– Bonus: bring your favorite gear for show-and-tell!
Come out and meet BWBDC members, and bring your favorite winter/weather/night riding gear for show-and-tell!
This clinic is free and open to Black Women Bike members and guests. Please note:
– This clinic is for riders of ALL levels
– Bikes are not necessary and will not be allowed in the library
– Bring your favorite piece of gear for show-and-tell
– Childcare not provided
Saturday, November 1
12:00 – 2:00pm
330 7th St NE
Washington, DC 20002
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Meeting Time: 9:00 AM
Ride Start Time: 9:30AM
Location: Capital Crescent Trail entrance on Water Street NW in Georgetown.
Who should attend?
All ages and abilities welcome. LADIES ONLY!
*Beginners/intermediate*: meet at the trail entrance on Water Street for an all levels out-and-back ride on the Capital Crescent Trail, with a stop in downtown Bethesda.
*Advanced*: meet at the trail entrance on Water Street. The route is approximately 27 miles round trip from Georgetown to the National Harbor and back. The ride may take approximately 2.5 hours with 1-2 stops on paved trails. Some inclines, no steep hills.
What to bring?
– Bike & helmet (You MUST have a helmet to participate in the ride)
– A friend/neighbor/co-worker/sistergirl/daughter/niece/cousin
– An open mind
– Spare inner tube (for advanced ride)
What to do BEFORE the ride?
– Check your tire pressure
– Check your brakes
What happens if it rains?
For safety reasons we may cancel the bike ride if it is raining. Be sure to check facebook, twitter, or our website after 8:00 AM on the morning of the ride.