Join us Saturday, June 20 for Black Women Bike DC’s first monthly ride 2015! This will be an all-levels ride of the Capital Crescent Trail leaving from Georgetown to Bethesda and back.
The route is a straight out and back (as opposed to a loop) on paved trails with few hills, so we will return to the trail entrance at Georgetown. For intermediate and advanced riders interested in a longer/faster ride, we can direct you to Hains Point via the Rock Creek Trail to get in more mileage.
– This is a NO DROP ride – no one will be left behind
– You must have a HELMET to ride with BWBDC
– Bring your own WATER and please, please hydrate well BEFORE the ride
– ALL LEVELS are welcome
– There are Capital Bikeshare stations nearby (no excuses!)
This ride is for women only.
Meet up point:
1. Water Street just before the trail entrance. (Take K Street under the Whitehurst Freeway, past the movie theater, until it runs out. Enter “Key Bridge Boathouse, 3500 Water St NW” for GPS/maps.) Street/metered parking is available.
Please be ready to roll, hydrated, tires pumped, helmets on, and wheels down at 9:30am. See you then!
If weather poses an issue, check the Facebook event page or call the BWBDC voice mail at 202-810-4BWB (4292) and listen for the message.