Capitol Hill Bikes has generously offered to host a free Bike Buying Clinic for members of Black Women Bike DC!
Whether you’re looking to purchase a bike or just want to learn more about different styles and brands, join us Saturday, August 3 at 1pm and bring a friend!
Capitol Hill Bikes (719 8th St SE, Washington, DC) is located just south of the Eastern Market metro station (Blue/Orange). Street parking is available.
copy to calendar
Join us Saturday, July 20 for our all levels ride of the Capital Crescent Trail leaving from Georgetown to Bethesda, Maryland and back.
This route is a straight out and back (as opposed to a loop) on paved trails with few hills, so we will return to the trail entrance at Georgetown. For intermediate and advanced riders interested in a longer/faster ride, we can direct you to Hains Point via the Rock Creek Trail to get in more mileage.
– This is a NO DROP ride – no one will be left behind
– You must have a HELMET to ride with BWBDC
– Bring your own WATER and please, please hydrate well BEFORE the ride
– ALL LEVELS are welcome
– There are Capital Bikeshare stations nearby (no excuses!)
Meet up points:
1. Water Street just before the trail entrance. (Take K Street under the Whitehurst Freeway, past the movie theater, until it runs out. Enter”Key Bridge Boathouse, 3500 Water St NW” for GPS/maps.) Street/metered parking is available.
2. Capital Bikeshare station near Foggy Bottom Metro at 22nd & I St NW. Meet at 9:30am so we can ride over and meet the main group. (There are two other Bikeshare stations within a couple blocks in case they are out of bikes).
Please be ready to roll, hydrated, tires pumped, helmets on, and wheels down at 10am. See you then!
If weather poses an issue, call the BWBDC voice mail at 202-810-4BWB (4292) and listen for the message.
All abilities group rides are generally held the 3rd Saturday of the month.
- Helmets are required!
- Please bring water
- When Capital Bikeshare is not available, you should have your own bike in safe, working condition
We leave no woman behind!