– This is a NO DROP ride – no one will be left behind
– You must have a HELMET to ride with BWBDC
– Bring your own WATER and please hydrate well before the ride
– ALL LEVELS are welcome
– Our rides are for women but CBCF attendees are welcome
If weather poses an issue, check the Facebook event page or BWBDC’s Twitter feed (@BWBDC).
Saturday April 16, 2016
Northeast Neighborhood Library – Community Room
330 7th Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
In preparation for Bike to Work Day, BWB will be hosting a seminar on how to bike on the roads safely, followed by a bike ride on the streets of DC (because if you can survive DC, you can survive anything).
9:30am – 11:30am Safety Seminar
At the seminar you will learn the ABCs of bike safety, how to navigate an urban area, and how to be visible to motorists. We will provide you with a bike map, so you can map your route from home to work.
11:30am – 12:30PM Bike Ride
We will take a short ride around the streets of DC, so you can become comfortable riding with motorists on the road.
Who should attend?
All levels who want to be more comfortable biking on the road.
What to bring?
– Bike or use Capital Bikeshare (D St & Maryland Ave NE)
– Helmet (You MUST have a helmet to participate in the ride)
– A friend/neighbor/mother/sister/cousin/aunt/
– An open mind
THIS EVENT IS FOR WOMEN ONLY!
Join us Saturday, November 14, for a free clinic on winter and nighttime bike riding! Don’t store your bike just yet – the fall and winter seasons are great times to ride, and we’ll share the tips and tricks to keep you as safe as possible.
November 14, 2015 from 3 to 5pm
Northeast Neighborhood Library
330 7th St NE, Washington, DC 20002
downstairs meeting room
Topics will include:
- Choosing the right clothing and gear
- Riding in different weather conditions
- Navigating streets when it’s dark
- Bonus: bring your favorite gear for show-and-tell!
Come out and meet BWBDC members, and bring your favorite winter/weather/night riding gear for show-and-tell!
This clinic is free and open to Black Women Bike members and guests.
- Bikes are not necessary and will not be allowed in the library
- Bring your favorite piece of gear for show-and-tell
- This clinic is for riders of ALL levels
- Childcare not provided
Thank you for RSVPing so we know how many to expect. 🙂
Please RSVP in the Facebook event page.